Across Australia, thousands of people have chosen to stand up and take action in order to stop Adani and protect the Galilee Basin from destructive coal and gas exploitation. Now musicians are rising to join the thousands of people who have stood on the front lines.
A group of acclaimed Australian musicians are visiting the front lines of the Stop Adani campaign at camp Binbee, central Queensland.
Support the movement by spreading the word:
- Promote the frontline camp to your fans through social media & email
- Give a shout out at your live shows to the Stop Adani frontline campaign - encourage people to visit the frontline camp and share www.musiciansrising.com
- Call on your musician friends to come to the camp
- Come to the camp yourself!
- Commit to playing a benefit gig to raise funds for peaceful protest to Stop Adani
We pay respect to the First Nations people of this country, and extend that respect to ancestors and elders of the community – past, present and emerging. We recognise that environmental struggles for a sustainable future and climate justice are intrinsically linked to the centuries long resistance of the Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander community. We must set our foundations in solidarity with Indigenous peoples and acknowledge that environmental activism in Australia will never be successful without the restoration of land and First Nations sovereignty.